Neko

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Mr Big needs a furrever home

Received a forwarded email from a friend today about a kitty in need. He's an absolutely gorgeous kitty who's been abandoned and is looking for a furrever home. See pictures and story below. This kitty is in Canberra, Australia. If you think you might be able to help out, send me an email (see the Contact link in the side bar) or post a comment here with a contact email address.

Photos of the lovely Mr Big

Mr Big

Mr Big

Mr Big

Mr Big
Mr Big's story
(forwarded to me from a friend)

A couple of months ago, I discovered that my neighbour had moved out and left her two cats behind to fend for themselves!! One was a little three-legged malnourished waif, now known as Kitty (and now very much over-nourished!), who I adopted even before this excuse for a pet owner had left.

The second cat is a rather large and fluffy gentleman, now known as Mr Big. He didn't hang round much when his 'owner' was around, but now she's gone he's always around. As I have the little Kitty and I'm also looking after a friend's cat for an extended period, I can't give Mr Big the attention he deserves. The poor boy was hanging around and of course I fed him and patted him when I could. But unfortunately the other cats hate him (I think he is very good at protecting his territory!). He disappeared for a few days recently and has come back with big patches of fur missing from his sides (you can't see in the pics because he's so fluffy, but the patches are about 10cm diameter each) and his fur is getting matted in patches. I will be trimming it for him next weekend.

I am hoping to find him a home before I eventually relent and take him to the RSPCA. I have no idea of his history, how old he is or anything, but he's a gorgeous cat, so responsive and friendly and just wants some TLC. He is big and quite heavy, and will roll on his back to have his tummy rubbed at a moment's notice. He miaows a bit neurotically (hasn't had enough attention paid to him) but as soon as you sit with him for a bit he is quiet and just wants to be loved.

I will trim his fur and brush him (he adores this), keep him fed and worm him for his new owner (I thought he might have been wormed before, so I hadn't done it, but he's been homeless for a while now, so I'm going to do it). Please bear in mind this boy hasn't had a vet check up and is unlikely to have been immunised or anything for a while. He would also do better in a home where there aren't other cats as he has a bit of a 'tough' attitude! If the other cats can stand up to him, I'm sure he'd relax into it though. He is fine with dogs, as long as they're friendly.

Labels:

10 Miaows:

At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 2:41:00 pm, Blogger Rascal miaowed...

Mr. Big is a very handsome fellow. I hope he finds a forever home soon.

 
At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 9:28:00 pm, Blogger Oscar the Wonder Cat miaowed...

Hello! We will be mieowing out to all our friends now to see if we can help in finding Mr Big a forever home. Please keep us posted. Hoping for good news soon and bless you for helping a kitty in need.

 
At Wednesday, September 20, 2006 6:18:00 am, Blogger Oscar the Wonder Cat miaowed...

Please contact me asap - I may have a forever home for Mr Big, and I am working on how to get him from Canberra to Melbourne. So I may have that worked out too.

 
At Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:19:00 am, Blogger a fluffy feline friend miaowed...

Thanks Oscar, I've just emailed your message (and cc:ed you) to my friend who sent me Mr Big's story.

Let's hope we soon have a happy update to this story! :)

 
At Wednesday, September 20, 2006 6:44:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous miaowed...

Mr. Big is certainly a handsome one. We hope that happy ending works out for him.

 
At Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:41:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous miaowed...

I Hope Mr. Big will have a forever home soon.

 
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 1:21:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous miaowed...

Hi everyone. My name is Phillipa and I'm from a Canberra (the city where Mr Big lives) cat rescue group called Cat Adoption Teams of the ACT. We're kinda pressed for space at the moment, but can probably help Mr Big and the kind lady helping him in other ways, however. I've not used a blog before and can't work out how to contact the lady who has Mr Big. I can't find her name or email address. Could someone who does know please ask her to contact Phillipa on 0439 385 592 or chantryau@yahoo.com.au . Many thanks, Phillipa

 
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 5:14:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous miaowed...

I am looking for a kitten for my son but I am now in Sydney. However, I am going to Canberra sometimes early next month. I am wonderting if you could email me and let me know the address if it's possible we can bring him home with us. what do you think? my email is mesey@yahoo.com

 
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:34:00 am, Blogger Jasmine miaowed...

Phillia (chantryau@yahoo.com.au) - I've just sent you an email.

mesey@yahoo.com - I tried to email you, but got an auto-reply from yahoo saying that you don't exist!

 
At Friday, September 22, 2006 10:27:00 pm, Blogger Fat Eric miaowed...

Aw, Mr. Big is a lovely floofy boy. My mum would take him but she is in the UK, not Australia. Please let us know what happens to him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home