Neko

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Introducing Ashley, Part I

Hi Poodins. We are all furry sad about Tiggy going off to the Rainbow Bridge, but we also have some happy news to report (although it has a sad beginning). Over to you, Ashley...

Little Ashley at the computerHi Poodins. I'm Ashley. I'm going to be living with Jasmine for a little while.

I heard Jasmine say something about 'fostering'. I'm not sure what this is, but Jasmine explained to me that it means that she's going to look after me for a while and help me find my furrever home.

Jasmine also told me about the cat blogsosphere and it definitely sounded like something I'd like to try, so here I am!

I've been having a really tough time recently, but thanks to the SPCA, some nice vet people, and Jasmine, things are looking much better for me now.

I'm about one year old and I'd been living with some beans who were not the most responsible beans. Firstly, they didn't give me a ladiegardenectomy. I'm not even sure what that is, but Jasmine tells me it's furry important and that all young kitty ladies should have one. My former beans also let me roam outside by myself, which apparently is especially bad if you haven't had your ladiegardenectomy.

One day my tummy started to grow and grow, and I could feel wiggly things inside me. Then one day the wiggling stopped, but my tummy was still furry big, and I wasn't feeling too good.

(Note from Jasmine: The kittens had died inside her and she wasn't able to birth the stillborn kittens. She was in labor for days before she was taken to a vet, by which point she was semi-comatose and her uterus had become infected as well. The vet did not expect her to survive.)...

I am furry new at this blogging thing, and I think I need a nap already. I will tell you more about me in the next post!

Labels: , ,

4 Miaows:

At Monday, August 06, 2007 4:17:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous miaowed...

I am so sorry that you had to go through that Ashley. It must have been horrible to loose your kits and then you almost died! I'm glad that you are on to a finer home.

 
At Monday, August 06, 2007 2:50:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous miaowed...

How awful that you had to go through all that. But it's wonderful that Jasmine is going to look after you now. You will be well cared for and loved and I hope you soon find a forever home :)

 
At Monday, August 06, 2007 3:57:00 pm, Blogger Daisy miaowed...

Hi Ashley! I am very glad to meet you. Sorry you had such a hard start, that sounds like a horrible ordeal. Thank goodness you are in a happy and SAFE place now.

 
At Monday, August 06, 2007 9:01:00 pm, Blogger Rosemary B❤️ miaowed...

Dear Ashley we just read the post below about your sweet friend Tiggy. She did live a long and very good life.
She finally decided it was time to go to the bridge and be with her friends over there that have been waiting for her. She is frolicking now!

Ashley, you have had a rough beginning yourself and we are just glad that you told us this and that you are safe and very much loved now!

We are so happy to know you!
Purrrs, Princess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home