Neko

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Actually, I think I'll stay here

Miaow. Canberra BK here.

Zeus left a comment on my last post and asked if I ended up accompanying Jasmine on her trip. Unfortunately, no, I didn't. She said she was travelling too far and that I needed to stay in Canberra with my official beans. As I mentioned the other day, Jasmine isn't officially one of my beans, I just consider her to be one of my beans because I visit her so much and she is so nice to me.

Anyway, I asked Jasmine 'how far is too far?' She showed me her itinerary and I saw that she was going all the way to London. I don't know how far away that is, or even where that is. The only thing I know about London is that it's where Fat Eric lives. She told me it was about ~17000kms away (that's ~10563 miles for our 'Mericky furriends). I don't know what a 'kms' is, but that number sounds pretty big! Even Mittens Pollypaws would run out of toes trying to count that high!

Jasmine also told me that the weather in London is much, much colder and greyer than in Canberra. The sun must be really scared in London because apparently it rarely ever comes out! I didn't like the sound of that, especially since I don't have a long floofy coat like Fat Eric. I like the sun, especially when it's warming my fur and making it all pretty and shiny! (BTW, thanks Beau and Angie for noticing this the other day!) The other thing I didn't like the sound of is something called 'quarantine'. I'm not really sure what this is, but apparently it involves kitties having to live in a strange place for a while without their beans. So, I decided to wait in Canberra till Jasmine's next visit back.

BTW, Zeus also said that I was very nice of me to offer to keep Jasmine company. To tell you the truth, part of the reason was because I'm a nice kitty, but an even greater reason was because I was going to miss her awesome scritchies so much!

Labels:

1 Miaows:

At Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:49:00 pm, Blogger Zeus miaowed...

I don't blame you one bit, Canberra BK. If London is full of rain, sleet, and darkness, then perhaps I shouldn't put it on my list of places to see this summer. On the other hand, I really want to see Fat Eric and find out what it is like to drink tea and eat crumpets...or if that is just a Mericky stereotype!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home