Neko

Monday, September 17, 2007

I have a hurty on my arm

BKI had a minor allergic reaction to one of my vaccinations. At the spot on my arm where the v-e-t stuck a pointy thing in me, my skin got all irritated and a big scab grew. Because I am a furry good girl, I didn't pick at it. The v-e-t looked at it on a later visit and he said it would just fall off when it was ready.

Apparently last night was when it was ready to fall off. As usual, I was bouncing around the apartment with my favourite fev-ver butt mousie. I ran past Jasmine and she saw something drop on the floor. She bent down expecting to find mousie parts, but instead found a piece of me!

So now I have another bald patch. It's a bit raw and red, and Jasmine keeps looking at it and asking me how I'm feeling. I told her I'm fine, and that I'm glad my other bald patches are growing back because I quite like my fur!

Here's a list of all my bald patches:

- shaved tummy from emergency surgery
- shaved patch on one arm for sleepy drug they gave me for the surgery
- shaved patch on shoulder where the v-e-t stole some blood
- bald patch on other arm where scab fell off after minor allergic reaction to vaccination

That's a lot of missing fur for a little kitty!

Little Ashley
BTW, this picture is from a little while ago, and my tummy fur has grown back more since then. Also, it was before the scab fell off, so you can't see the bald patch on my left arm. I didn't want to show you that because it's bit yucky.

=^..^= Ashley

Labels: ,

8 Miaows:

At Monday, September 17, 2007 2:02:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous miaowed...

Your still a very beautiful kitty :)

 
At Monday, September 17, 2007 2:10:00 pm, Blogger LZ miaowed...

I lost lots of fur too but it does grow back. I have a slight scar on my leg but its not that bad. If you keep having bad reactions you don't have to have any more shots!!!

Latte

 
At Monday, September 17, 2007 2:47:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous miaowed...

Latte is right, fur grows back. I hope you have no other reasons to loose any fur!

 
At Monday, September 17, 2007 3:45:00 pm, Blogger Parker miaowed...

You still look wonderful!

 
At Monday, September 17, 2007 4:51:00 pm, Blogger Daisy miaowed...

Poor little Ashley, I am sorry you got a hurty on your arm. I had my tummy shaved for bladder stone surgery in February, and it is still not completely grown in yet. I think the patchy-bald look is cute!

 
At Monday, September 17, 2007 10:00:00 pm, Blogger Unknown miaowed...

That's an awful lot of scabs. No fun.

 
At Wednesday, September 19, 2007 12:19:00 am, Blogger Mickey's Musings miaowed...

Ok Ashley,thats enough for you! If this keeps up you will look like a Sphynx cat (like Dragonheart) heehee. Take care of yourself,because you are a pretty girl!

 
At Wednesday, September 19, 2007 4:45:00 am, Blogger Lux miaowed...

You poor thing! :::hugs:::

I hope all your furs grow back soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home