Neko

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Scratchy post

When I first got here, I went to exercise my claws on the bed post. Jasmine quickly say 'no, no...' and pointed to this...

Scratching post
I didn't know what this was, so I just ignored her. Well, I didn't totally ignore her. I stopped scratching the bedpost because I'm a good girl and she seemed quite insistent that I not scratch the bed post. However, I still ignored this thing she kept pointing at.

For the next few days, whenever I walked past this thing, Jasmine would say "hey, Ashley, look at this!" and then proceed to run her fingernails over it. I still ignored it, I just thought she was being strange.

Then Jasmine had an idea. She got my favourite fev-ver-butt mousie and stuck it on top of the thing. I love my fev-ver-butt mousie, so I reached up to grab him. When I did, my claws scratched the post, and it felt good! And this time Jasmine didn't say "no, no, Ashley", she smiled and said "good girl, Ashley!"

Ashley on the scratching post
=^..^= Ashley

Labels: ,

4 Miaows:

At Thursday, August 16, 2007 3:05:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous miaowed...

That's a wonderful scratching post and you look very nice using it. My humans love it when I use that!

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 4:30:00 am, Blogger Lux miaowed...

That was a good idea Jasmine had ...

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:43:00 am, Blogger Daisy miaowed...

Ashley, you are a very good girl! Whenever I use my post my Mommie always says "Good Scratching, Daisy!!!"

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2007 7:28:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous miaowed...

Nice scratching post Jasmine is a very nice helper :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home